Comments: Charlie Batch to the Rescue!

ben kepple wrote:

All in all, that should mean victory this weekend at Lambeau Field. At least, I hope it will mean victory this weekend at Lambeau Field.

ben kepple is right. there will be victory at lambeau field. for someone.

or there could be a tie...

or this particular game, with three potential qb's (keeping in mind the spectre of tommy maddox), might not mean a damn thing. it's early november and it's pro football...

by human nature, people in sports or anywhere else, don't play hard until it means something.

Posted by samuel clemons at November 3, 2005 11:14 PM

and thinking about it more, and yes, mixing metaphors somewhat (and I guess getting political) they won't, for long, respect a coach or team owner or even a president who repeatedly makes them play hard for things that don't actually mean something, right now...or why gratification should be delayed...that brings to mind showboats in december who will strut their stuff and do their touchdown dance in December (early) and it might be quite the touchdown dance, but their team is 4-11.

I'll step off the barge now, and see how that carnival barker is doing with the snakeoil. before I head down that long, wide, lonesome river.

Posted by samuel clemons at November 3, 2005 11:40 PM

Big Ben is irreplacable but I am thankful we have Charlie to step in for him rather than Tommy Maddox. Steelers win Sundady in the land of the frozen tundra!!!!

Posted by Swammi in Solon at November 4, 2005 08:32 AM

Hopefully he will be out for the Browns game the following week too... =)

Posted by Jesse at November 4, 2005 12:28 PM

I was clearly writing with second reference in mind, meaning I don't have to spell out that I meant Pittsburgh would win :-D.

A day later, though, I am still feeling OK with the Batch start -- and I look forward to Big Ben starting against the Browns in Week 10. Jesse, you're in trouble.

Posted by Benjamin Kepple at November 4, 2005 02:40 PM