Comments: Mobile Phone Bought!

Wow... Never thought I'd see the day. I figured you'd stick with phone booths and, say, semaphore until the end of time!

Posted by Geoff Brown at February 12, 2005 06:56 PM

Contratulations on joining the 20th century. This event following within a year of your upgrade to broadband for your internet connection is truly a major milestone. However, despite these developments, I hope you retain the core of your Mid-western values which are so becoming to you.

Posted by Swammi in Solon at February 12, 2005 08:02 PM

Dude, what the hell is fusion cuisine?

Posted by Your brother in the rust belt at February 13, 2005 12:34 AM

It's when elements of two or more cuisines are mixed to make new dishes. This admittedly can be done well, but lots of times it would have been better to just stick with the originals.

Posted by Benjamin Kepple at February 13, 2005 07:46 AM

Oh, and thanks everybody, for the kind words :-D

Posted by Benjamin Kepple at February 13, 2005 07:47 AM

A scenario in which one may easily find themselves immersed at a mandatory work/business function:

Pseudo-intellectual: Yes, I'll have the apricot and Brazil nut crusted arugula and mint tartare rabbit tenderloin with the quince gravy and saffron and watercress compote.

The waiter: Sir, would you like the Albanian carrot and sesame seed sweetbreads as well?

P.I.: Only if you have the rhubarb foie gras...

The bill: $145.18

I like to call those dishes "con-fusion." Fusion they con you into eating.

Posted by simon from jersey at February 13, 2005 10:34 PM

Oh, that's good.

Posted by Benjamin Kepple at February 13, 2005 11:29 PM

So does that mean you'll now cross the border into Lowell for some herion?

Posted by Chris at February 15, 2005 11:03 AM