Comments: Christ, Like, Revealed

You make a lot of great points, Ben.

However, all I could really do was laugh and laugh at the streaming MPEG video from the site.

You can't pay for that kind of comedy.

Posted by Kevin White at September 29, 2003 02:43 AM

You know, now that I think about it, this is all about DUMBING IT DOWN for stupid people.

Posted by Kevin White at September 29, 2003 02:59 AM

The "Star Trek" episode is called "Mirror,Mirror", in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't.

Posted by Jon at September 29, 2003 04:16 PM

But Ben, the Church is all about hawking its message for profit, so why not this new Bible publisher? It actually makes perfect sense to me -- like any other industry, the religious establishment most certainly wants to market itself to the young crowd, and hook 'em while they're young, before they know any better.

Posted by Geoff Brown at September 29, 2003 08:21 PM

The problem is there's no god.

Posted by leon at October 5, 2003 10:09 AM

Dear Friends,
Excuse me please, let me attract your attention to the psalm 2 and psalm 45 in the Holy Scripture.
The psalms are the praise religious songs to God.
There is in the New American Bible and in the many other versions of the Bible Lord Jesus Christ is not the “Lord” and “King” in the psalm 2 and psalm 45, because the words “lord” and “king” written with small letter in the psalm 2:6, psalm 45:1(2) and psalm 45:11(12).
Psalm 2
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PFU.HTM - New American Bible (Vatican)
http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/psalms/psalm2.htm - New American Bible
Psalm 45
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PH1.HTM - New American Bible (Vatican)
http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/psalms/psalm45.htm - New American Bible
But the Holy Scripture tell us, that Lord Jesus Christ is the ”Lord” and “King” in the psalm 2 and psalm 45.
“For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, today I have begotten You"?
”But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.
And: "You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands” (Hebrews 1:5, 8-10).
We must to take it into to account, because the psalms are the praise religious songs only to God, not to man.
And there is in the psalm 2:6 David tell us, that God the Father have set the “King” Lord Jesus Christ on the everlasting kingdom.
"Yet have I set My King upon My holy hill of Zion" (Psalm 2:6);
“For so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:11).
There is in the Russian Synodal Bible Lord Jesus Christ is the "Lord" and "King" in the psalm 2 and psalm 45 (44), and there are the words "Lord" and "King" in the Russian Synodal Bible has the capital letter.
I think you will agree with me, that the Holy Bible must to have only one version, and there are the capital letters play the very important role in the modern text of the Holy Scripture today.
"Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" (1 Corinthians 1:10).
There is the word “King” in the Isaiah 6:5 and Jeremiah 10:10 written with the capital letter. That’s right, because there is in the Isaiah 6:5 and Jeremiah 10:10 Lord Jesus Christ is the “King”, Lord of hosts.
Isaiah 6
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PNP.HTM – New American Bible (Vatican)
http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/isaiah/isaiah6.htm - New American Bible
Jeremiah 10
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PPO.HTM - New American Bible (Vatican)
http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/jeremiah/jeremiah10.htm - New American Bible
But there is in the Isaiah 6:1 in the New American Bible the word “King” concerning to the king Uzziah written with the capital letter too. That’s not right.
Please see the right version, where Lord Jesus Christ is the “Lord” and “King” in the psalm 2 and psalm 45, because there are the words “Lord” and “King” written with the capital letter in the psalm 2:6, psalm 45:1 and psalm 45:11.
Psalm 2
http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=PS+2&language=english&version=NKJV - NKJV
http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=PS+2&language=english&version=NASB -NASB
Psalm 45
http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=PS+45&language=english&version=NKJV - NKJV
http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=PS+45&language=english&version=NASB - NASB
1. Who is the "King" in the psalm 2:6, the king Solomon, David or Lord Jesus Christ?
2. Who is the "King" in the psalm 45:1(2) and 45:11(12), the king Solomon, David or Lord Jesus Christ??
3. Who is the "Lord" in the psalm 45:11(12), the king Solomon, David or Lord Jesus Christ??
4. Who is the "King" in the Old Testament God the Father or God the Son:
Answer is one – Lord Jesus Christ.
"I am the Lord, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King" (Isaiah 43:15);
"Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God" (Isaiah 44:6)?
“But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King” (Jeremiah 10:10).
“In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon the throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple.
Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts” (Isaiah 6:1,5).
“These things said Isaiah, when he saw His glory, and spoke of Him” (John 12:41), about Son of God, Lord Jesus Christ, King, Lord of hosts.
Excuse me please and please don’t angry to me, let me attract your attention my theological work about the God’s definition in the psalm 2:7 concerning to the nature of one God, and my explanation, that there is in the Old Testament only Lord Jesus Christ is the “King”, but not God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are one “King”.
Please understand me right. I don’t want to change your conviction, but I want, that you only listen my understanding of the nature of God. Listen to me please. It is very important for me.
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit is one God.
When I tell only about God the Father, I must to tell, that God the Father is one God, not the first God.
When I tell only about God the Son, I must to tell, that God the Son is one God, not the second God.
When I tell only about God the Holy Spirit, I must to tell, that God the Holy Spirit is one God, not the third God.
But I can to tell only about God the Father, that God the Father is the first God’s Personality of the Holy Trinity. God the Son is the second God’s Personality of the Holy Trinity, and God the Holy Spirit is the third God’s Personality of the Holy Trinity.
I must to remember, that I can not to mix three God’s Personalities in one Personality, like Jehovah’s Witnesses. They are speaking everywhere, if Lord Jesus Christ is God, it is meaning:
“Did God say that He was His own Son, that He was well pleased in Himself, that He sent Himself?”
“Who did He pray to? To a part of Himself?”
“Who did Jesus address? Himself or a part of Himself?”
“Who raised Jesus from the dead? If He were indeed dead, He wouldn’t have resurrected Himself”.
They don’t know the nature of one God.
God the Father tell us about God the Son: “Yet have I set My King upon My holy hill of Zion" (Psalm 2:6).
I know, that Lord Jesus Christ is one God, and that He is the “King”. So, when I read in the Holy Scripture “Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God" (Isaiah 44:6), I know, that there is in this verse Lord Jesus Christ is speaking, because Lord Jesus Christ is one God, the “King of Israel, and his Redeemer the Lord of hosts”, “the first, and the last” and beside Lord Jesus Christ there is no God.
But I know, that beside God the Father there is no God, and beside God the Holy Spirit there is no God.
And if I will tell, that God the Father is the “King” and God the Holy Spirit is the “King” too, it is meaning, that I mix three God’s Personalities in one Personality, what I must not to do.
"Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord" (Deuteronomy 6:4);
"I will declare the decree: the Lord has said to Me, You are My Son, today I have begotten You" (Psalm 2:7).
"I will announce the definition: the Lord has said to Me, You are My Son, today I have begotten You" (Psalm 2:7) in the Russian Synodal Bible.
The combination of this two verses, Deuteronomy 6:4 and Psalm 2:7, let us to name the Lord Jesus Christ "more one Personality", who has the God's nature, like His Father, because Lord Jesus Christ is the true Son of God. But to name the Lord Jesus Christ "more one God" in the combination with Deuteromony 6:4 “our God is one Lord” is meaning to contradict to God's decree (definition), what Lord Jesus Christ declared in Psalm 2:7. God the Holy Spirit is one God by God’s decree (definition) too.
I don’t know, why two thousands years nobody speak about the God’s definition in the psalm 2:7 concerning to the nature of God. I discovered it for myself in the process of my discussion with Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is very beautiful definition of God, and nobody speak about it.
So, when I read “Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord” (Deuteronomy 6:4), I know, that there is in this verse I read about the God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. But when I read “I am the Lord, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King” (Isaiah 43:15), I know, that I read only about the Lord Jesus Christ, because Lord Jesus Christ is one God, the everlasting “King”.
It is very simple explanation, and he has not contradiction to the Psalm 2:6 “Yet have I set My King upon My holy hill of Zion" (Psalm 2:6).
There is in this verse of the Holy Scripture only God the Father is speaking:
“Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, and spirit to those who walk on it” (Isaiah 42:5).
There is in this verse of the Holy Scripture only God the Holy Spirit is speaking:
“Then the LORD said to Moses: "How long will these people reject Me?” (Numbers 14:11);
“"I, even I, am He who comforts you” (Isaiah 51:12).
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are not one mystery unknowable Personality,
but three different God’s Personalities.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew28:19).
“It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.
I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me” (John 8:17,18).
Lord Jesus Christ tell us, that He and His Father are two different Personalities, like two men, differently He and His Father can not to be two witnesses.
And I am sure, that there is only Lord Jesus Christ is the “Lord” and “King” in the Psalm 2 and Psalm 45, not the king David ore Solomon.
And there is in the Old Testament only Lord Jesus Christ is one God, the everlasting “King”.
“I am the Lord, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King” (Isaiah 43:15);
“Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God” (Isaiah 44:6)?
The word “King” concerning to God is very beautiful key in the Holy Scripture. There is everywhere in the Old Testament, when I read the word “King” concerning to God, I know, that there is Lord Jesus Christ is the “King”.
And I know, that the glory of God the Father and God the Son is one, because God the Father and God the Son is one God:
“And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:11).
Lord Jesus Christ is God Jehovah.
Please don’t angry to me, and please understand me right.
Excuse me please my mistakes in English, I am sorry, I don’t speak English.
Thank you.